Emergency Tax Reclaim - Tax Retriever

Emergency Tax Reclaim

Have you changed jobs within the last 4 years? Recently cashed in a pension? Have you been issued with an unusual tax code? If so, you may have overpaid income tax and be due back a rebate…

What should I be looking for?

Every UK taxpayer is issued with a tax code, this represents the tax-free part of an employee’s income, assigned by tax authorities for use by employers in calculating the tax to be deducted under the PAYE system.

Your tax code takes into account all of your income sources, for example the amount of employments you have, pension income and whether you have unpaid taxes for previous years.

The standard tax code for the year ending 5th April 2018 is 1150L and this will be issued to the majority of tax payers with only one source of income.

If you have changed jobs part way through a tax year your new employer should issue you with form P46 to complete. If you are still waiting for your P45 from your previous employer then you may well have been issued with an ‘emergency tax code’ which should show on your payslip with a suffix or prefix of BR, X, wk1 or mth1

Even if you think your tax code seems right, for peace of mind we can speak to HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf to confirm that you have not overpaid income tax for the previous 4 years. We have dealt with many cases like this, which ends up with the client receiving a tax rebate.

Simply click on the ‘start claim form’ now and we’ll check this out on your behalf.
Start Your Claim

How far back can I make a claim for?

You can make a claim for the previous 4 tax years, so if you have not already claimed there may well be a lump sum waiting for you.

Be proactive and ‘start your claim now’
Start Your Claim

Surely HM Revenue and Customs would have notified me if I had overpaid tax?

This is a common question we’re asked and the simple answer is ‘NO’, HM Revenue & Customs don’t always issue you with a rebate and is up to the tax payer to request this.

If you don’t make a claim within 4 years then you could lose the rebate completely.

Using our online claim system we are able to process your claim under 5 minutes and help you reclaim all of the overpayment.
Start Your Claim

So how much tax can I expect to receive back?

Each and every case is different but below is an example of a recent claim submitted:

David Taylor is a butcher and has held this position for the last 11 years, he used to be issued with a company car to fulfil his work duties and had ‘benefit in kind’ tax deducted from his monthly salary.

5 years ago Mr Taylor decided to return the company car and was paid to use his own car for work purposes. His employer reimbursed him at the full rate of 45p per mile but failed to change his tax code.

After making a claim to HM Revenue & Customs we were able to claim back all of the overpaid taxes on behalf of Mr Taylor for the following years:

  • Year ending 5th April 2014 – £ 234.00
  • Year ending 5th April 2015 – £ 545.00
  • Year ending 5th April 2016 – £ 645.00
  • Year ending 5th April 2017 – £ 765.00

Total tax rebate – £ 2,189.00

Not bad for completing a 5 minute online form – START YOUR CLAIM NOW.
Start Your Claim

Track my claim

Please use our claim tracker to track the status of your current claim. All you need is the email address you used to process your claim and the unique reference number we emailed to you on successfully submitting your claim.

If you have any problems please contact us using our contact form and we will look to get back to you within 48hrs. (Our office hours are 9:00 AM to 17:00 PM – Monday to Friday)

Email Address

Claim no.